Friday, January 18, 2008

My Amish Lady Chatelaine


It is a beautiful day in Atlanta. They say we may have some snow again in the morning...we shall see.


I love to work with felt. I have used the pattern for this Amish lady many times and have always made the Chatelaine in fabric. Several weeks ago I decided to make one out of felt. I like the way it turned out.


If you lift up the apron you will find a piece of felt for needles. Actually with this one out of felt you can use any on it as a pin cushion. It is so easy to secure your scissors in the other side and I also have a needle book that fits in it. The heart in the front will hold a thimble. I like to have this on hand when I take a project with me.

This came out of a cross stitch magazine many years ago. The publication is out of business. I wonder if I can share it.....any of you know these rules?


The Amish lady takes me back to Pa. Grandma had many family member that still were Amish and as a young girl we would go to their homes for a family reunion. How I loved going on hay rides and eating the wonderful food! The Amish are such gentle people and so full of love for family and God. I love the quilts they make. If you want to plan a trip consider Intercourse, Pa and go to the Old Country Store.



I went to school with Phyllis Pellman Good. We both graduated from Lancaster Mennonite School in 1966. She has written many good books on quilts and cook books. The Quilt Museum
is a wonderful place! Amish women are known for their very small stitches......Maybe I will share with you all a picture of the quilt mom and I did.....
I think I would love to collect chatelaines. It would be fun to do a swap with these.....

1 comment:

Destination...Gloryland! said...

I think that is so cute! It would be so fun to make one sometime. As far as copyright, if you can't get the pattern anymore, I think you can copy it. I thought someone told me that for dress patterns (i.e. McCall's, etc.) after 5 years or when you can't purchase it anymore, their is no longer a copyright on it. I'm not totally sure on that, but I think that is the case. You could try calling a pattern company and ask them.

I've enjoyed looking at your posts here. You are very talented. I got your link from Gentlekeepers.

Blessings!