Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I STARTED "DEAR HEART'

This precious bear is from "Inspirations" by Country Bumpkin, Issue 57. She has been a joy to work on. Somehow a creature comes alive as you take a piece of felt and begin to shape it into a precious friend. This is after I made her and added her "knickers". You know a well dressed lady must have on a pair of knickers.
My next step was to make a petticoat for her. I used some lace to make it special. There is nothing like a lacy petticoat to make a real lady feel fresh.

Her petticoat serves as a place to put needles and keep them safely.
I do have a long way to go with this project but it has been fun and in my mind I have created a few more. I guess you all will have to stay tuned to see what else we add to her so she can serve a very useful purpose beside keeping me company.

2 comments:

Purpleflowerpatch said...

I have that copy of Inspirations and I bought it just because of that bear! LOL! I intend to make one over our southern hemisphere winter...it's gorgeous. I will look forward to seeing your little one progress! Love and hugs,
Jenny

Deepa said...

Hi Donna,
Came across your comment on doing a swap- would love to do the same- but I've never done it before.Are there any rules? You could suggest on what we can swap.
Deepa