Wednesday, June 11, 2008

VICTORIAN PIN CUSHION

I decided to join a Victorian Pin Cushion swap. I have made these shoes several years ago and decided I would try one for this swap. Now my question is this.....would you like to get one of these or should I try something else? I may add a bit more lace to the shoe. Do you think I should or would it be too much? Look at all the sides and than let me know.






These are really fun and simple to do. There really is no pattern. I begin with covering the outside of the shoe using glue. This shoe was a purple velvet and so I used some dyed lace for the covering. You have to cut pieces so you can mold the fabric to the shoe. Than the fun begins as you decide what laces to add. I used a piece of antique lace that was my MIL's and some that I have picked up at second hand places. I collect all broken jewelery and had fun with the front piece. I than added fill in the shoe and fitted velvet over the top. Glued that in good and added the vintage pink velvet ribbon and trim. I glued it and than sewed it on the top. The rest was just fun. I think I will hunt a few more shoes to do and have them on hand as gifts.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW very elegant, beautiful, and victorian! I think they will be wonderful gifts! Even as display for those who don't do sewing!

MrksWmn97 said...

Oh, so absolutely beautiful -- you are so talented and do such wonderful work. I am still enjoying my needle holders and the other gifts from you. You are a precious woman!
Love,
Dorothy

zetor said...

Love that. It sounds so easy, and such a great gift idea.

Elisabeth Braun said...

I think it's totally perfect as it is and that anyone who *didn't* want one of these as a gift needs mental health therapy!! Well done, it's simply delightful!=)

lisatutmanoglesby said...

What a great project. This is so pretty.

Wendy said...

So beautiful!!! Fabulous idea.
Wendy

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Donna, Your Victorian Shoe PC is very pretty. Love it. Hugs Judy

Wendy said...

OH my, how gorgeous is that! Anyone would love to recieve your beautiful pin cushion. I have just moved into an old victorian home and that would fit right in. Hmmm, will have to make one when I finish unpacking. Just wonderful. You are a very talented lady.

Lil said...

Wow- this is stunning! Would you consider doing a tutorial for this when you make your next one? Incredible!

Gina said...

I love this! What a clever idea. I've seen something similar but not from real shoes.
:-) Gina