Monday, July 21, 2008

ONE PROJECT DONE, Another One Started

The rose is for a wrist pincushion swap. I have made the roses before but this time there is thin batting in between the velvet to make it more like a pincushion. I have one for myself and have used it for over a year now. I hope the lady it goes to will enjoy this one.
I needed a pick up and go project and so I started this one last Monday. A Canadian Needle arts magazine called "A Needle Pulling Threads" had this pattern in the Summer 2008 Issue. It is called "The Garden Swing". The trunk has a layer of felt first and than a modified raised stem stitch is used to help it look like bark. I still have more grass to do, the swings ropes and several more layers of leaves on the tree. This one has been fun to do. I think it will make a needle book.

I made several more Dotee Dolls and forgot to take a picture. They can be addictive! I also made some progress on the crazy quilting piece. So all in all I had a good week. How about your week?

1 comment:

deborah said...

Donna... Your projects are GORGEOUS!! I love the pincushion, and the tree has such great detail!