Sunday, February 7, 2010

I am Back

I sure have taken a long time off. Life sure has changed and it seems there is way too much to do. But I still do stitch!

I have been playing with felt and finally took the time to learn to do "Wee Folk" too. That has been something I kept longing to do and when the "Swine Flu" hit me I finally did it.
The ideas come from this book:
"Felt Wee Folks...Enchanting Projects by Salley Mavor
http://weefolkart.com/content/tea-wallet-little-birdie-0


This first photo is the inside of a needlebook. I did find this on line as something else but decided to do this so I could use it. Now I cannot find the pattern.


She was fun to make and I just made her mine. Attached is a small pin cushion
..
This is a teabag Wallet and the idea comes from here:
I did the Bird one too and they make great gifts!
This is a small needle book. I decided to use some fun buttons I had on hand like the bee, lady bug and center of the flower.



This is also a pattern I found on the net but I decided to do the middle in beads. If I find the pattern I will post it.



This is another pin cushion I did with some left over felt flowers from a tea cozy project. I made this one bigger and really do like it.



These are the first two "Wee Folk" I made and used them in the Christmas tree.They are a lot of work but so much fun to do.

I love this family! I used a wool sweater I washed and than cut for his coat and pants. That was fun to try.

This is a tea cozy I finished and it is ready to be a gift..... The second one is one that was a Christmas gift for a very dear friend of mine.














No comments: