Sunday, April 10, 2011

I HAVE BEEN BUSY

My neighbor asked me to make something for her 5 year old granddaughter. She wanted something like a busy book. I really could not find a pattern for this age and so I am making it as I go. I loved paper dolls at that age and so decided to use felt as a medium to make them. These are the ones I have completed and the beach scene. The ball, sand bucket and fisf can be stored in the beach towel. The pink purse has a snap on it and you can put a treasure in it.



I had so much fun doing this kitchen. I wanted it to be fun.The mother was fun to make too.
Here I show what can be opened to make it fun for Catie. The fridge door opens and has shelves to tuck in food. So far I made vegetables but have a milk carton cut out and a few more things. I do anything like the door in double felt and all the smaller items too. I sew each one. Under the sink I have a knife so far and want to make dish soap and a pail. On the shelf above the stove is a water pitcher. The pan on the stove has Velcro to hold it there. In the oven is a casserole with a chicken leg baking. I want to make some more too.
Any doll fits behind the table.

As soon as I take some pictures I will add this weeks work. So what do you think?

6 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

This is amazing! The little girl in me wants one!

Mrs. Brittany said...

This is adorable! I want to make my niece a book of these pages!
-Brittany
http://lifeyasadiywifey.blogspot.com/

Mrs..Molloy said...

Boy wish I had one when I was young!! Amazing!!

MaryJ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MaryJ said...

I just discovered you blog.What an amazing book. you are a very talented person! so pleased to find you.
Mary.

my simple reflections said...

nice post thanks for sharing...i found your blog thrue other follower if you might ask ...looking for to visit more...nice to share Gods word thrue our blogs..blessings