Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Quiet Book is Finished!

I was so happy to get the book finished so my neighbor could have it for Easter for her granddaughter.I hope you all will enjoy this finished totally original creation.
 I wanted the back of the dolls to be as finished as the fronts. You can see the hair styles too.
 The ones with braids were a challenge but fun.
 This shows you most of the items that can be added and played with wherever Catie wants to. I did not include here the items in the kitchen because you can see that in the last posts.
 The yellow pocket is deep enough for the dolls. The other one holds all the pieces. I used Velcro to keep the pockets closed.


 Catie can use the front for daytime using the sun and clouds or she can.....
 Have it be night with the moon and stars.
 I did this whole book by hand and figured out how to secure it without a seam down the middle. Now on to a farm Quiet Book!

3 comments:

Lady Dorothy said...

Absolutely adorable! And so well done!

MaryJ said...

HI,
I have been reading your other blog, rambling in Franklin. I believe that even on the computer God directs our steps and he has surely directed me here.

I pray things are better for your family.
I sense the spirt of God in your openness.
God's blessings to you.

Mary

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Wow! This looks fantastic!! I'm sure little Catie would be thrilled to have it!